Do you ever let food prices dictate what groceries you buy?
For example I stopped buying eggs completely when the stupid chicken shortage(caused by Biden) resulted in prices skyrocketing to $8 dollars and above for a dozen eggs.
I've started buying eggs again now that the price is down to around $2.20 a dozen.
What I stopped buying now is beef.
They can fuck right off with $8 dollar a pound prices.
The supermarket near me has 70% ground beef at $4.00 a pound, which is fucking ALWAYS sold out. I'll buy that on the rare occasions it isn't.
Apparently there is a "cow shortage" and if you look up reasons you get a litany of bullshit.
I think the real reason is right out of the TV series Yellowstone. In it there is a rancher in Montana who is CONSTANTLY being hassled by assholes trying to use eminent domain to force him to sell off parcels of his land so they can build condos or resorts on it. So he has to spend a fuckton of money in court to fight them off.
Now this is a fictional tv show, but I think there is an element of truth to that story. Ranching is expensive, so I suspect greedhead developers buy off their land and build on it.
The problem with that is condos/apartments/resorts don't provide the country with beef. So less cows, higher prices. The developers gain is everyone else's loss.
I think this is one instance where Trump or his successor should just drop all tariffs on imported beef. U.S. ranchers aren't even producing enough beef to feed the U.S. population, so it doesn't matter if other countries tariff it. A fucking hamburger should not become a luxury item because the developers gobbled up a large portion of U.S. ranch land. Third world countries produce a LOT of beef. If the U.S. can't produce enough, time to ditch the tariffs and import it.
Saturday, September 12, 2026
Where's the Beef?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment